[vorbis] oggenc of wav file loses one second at end of track.. why?

Allan Peda allan.peda at verizon.net
Wed Dec 10 18:44:48 PST 2003

Hi,

I recently noticed that a relativly short wav file
loses the last second (truncated perhaps) when I ran
it through oggenc.  Originally the wav was 25 seconds,
the ogg is 24 seconds.

This happens at various quality levels, and I saved
several copys of the file on a webserver at

http://array26.rockefeller.edu/www/ogg/

If anyone wants to confirm my observations.

The command lines were:
oggenc -l offspring -a offspring -q 9 "01 - Time to Relax.wav" \
  -o "01 - Time to Relax-q9.ogg"
oggenc -l offspring -a offspring -q 4 "01 - Time to Relax.wav" \
  -o "01 - Time to Relax-q4.ogg"

This happened at other -q settings as well.
c:\>oggenc -v
OggEnc v1.0.1 (libvorbis 1.0.1)

Did I do something wrong?  It occurred both on a redhat 8 box, and using
a cygwin port of oggenc on windows xp.

Allan