[vorbis] Re: Why FLAC, why not MAC?

Jernej Simonèiè jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
Wed Aug 27 04:03:01 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, 12:34:55, Csaba Horvath wrote:

> Why do some of you use FLAC for lossless encoding? I've done some
> test and MAC filesizes were always smaller. I don't seem to see what
> the problem is.

FLAC is free, open format, while Monkey's Audio isn't.

Jernej Simoncic, jernej.simoncic at guest.arnes.si
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/
http://deepthought.ena.si/

When traveling with children on one's holidays, at least one child of any
number of children will request a rest room stop exactly halfway between any
two given rest areas.
       -- Cripp's Law