[vorbis] Ogg-Friendly Browser configuration

Glendon M. Gross gross at netbsd.xinetd.com
Tue Aug 5 17:56:27 PDT 2003

"Nathan I. Sharfi" wrote:

Have you considered using a non-ancient browser like Mozilla? Netscape 4.x's

> handling of web standards is nothing short of atrociously bad to the point
> where I have to hide all style information from Netscape in order to keep it
> from (1) displaying things incorrectly (2) crashing. Have a look at
> http://www.icecast.org in both Netscape 4 and a modern browser (IE6,
> IE5/Mac, Mozilla and Safari are all modern) and notice the difference. Ditto for
> http://www.speex.org/ .

I love Mozilla, but so far I have been unable to compile a working version on my
platform of choice, which is NetBSD.  I plan to keep trying, though.

FYI, I am able to build it, but the resulting program does not work, i.e.
is unable to view web pages.   I've checked proxy settings and there
seems to be some incompatibility in the code.  I've tried building versions
1.0,1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.    Building it from the NetBSD ports collection also produces
a non-working version of the program, the last time I tried.

Regards,

Glendon Gross