[vorbis] where can i find information about ogg?

Beni Cherniavsky cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Tue Aug 5 00:21:55 PDT 2003

Vincent wrote on 2003-08-05:

> Hello,
>
> I am a student and i have to write a white paper about ogg vorbis.
> Could you please give me some links where i can fine information about the
> format.
> i need general information, overview of what is the format.
> i also need to explain how it works in a technical way, without giving to
> complicated explanations, i just want to explain the princip.
>
> thanks,
> Vincent
>
> ps: actually, all the links where i can find information about ogg is
> welcomed.
> if you already have white papers or documents dealing with ogg, maybe you
> can send them to me...?

Search the friendly web.  First Google hit for "ogg", "vorbis" or both
together is
    http://www.vorbis.com/
where you will only find user-oriented information, so it's not what
you are looking for;  second hit is
    http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/
where you'll find all the specification for Vorbis and other more or
less technical info. If you are looking for a gentler introduction to
the subject, the first hit for "ogg vorbis introduction" is
    http://grahammitchell.net/writings/vorbis_intro.html

Google is your best friend.  Only if you have so specific needs that
Google fails to find them, come back and give more info about what you
look for; with the generic questions you asked, we can't tell you
anything that Google can't tell you and much faster...

Put a backslash at the evening to continue hacking onto the next day.