[vorbis] question about codebook

Áô©~ªº ¦Ñ¤H trimp58 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 18:22:06 PDT 2003

Hi, all

I am studying the ogg-vorbis algorithm but I have less knowledge about the
codebook structure of vorbis. After tracing the release source code, I
found it doesn't use huffman tree to decode the huffman code instead of
using a special mapping and pre-look. The memory requirement seems similar
with huffman tree decoding. Could anyone tell me how the vorbis huffman
decoding works and the difference or advantage. Or where can I get the
information. Thanks...

trimp