[vorbis] Ogg-Friendly Browser configuration

Glendon M. Gross gross at netbsd.xinetd.com
Tue Aug 5 17:12:26 PDT 2003

Forgive me if this is considered off topic, but is there a simple way to set up
Netscape on *NIX to play ogg files
via xmms or ogg123?   It seems to me that this should be simple, but I have yet
to succeed in this simple task.

If anyone has written documentation re: how to configure Netscape 4.x to play
.ogg files, I would be
thankful to see a link.  These days, the browser is becoming the standard way to
play many types of content,
and I would like to configure my browser "correctly" for this task [i.e. in an
"ogg-friendly" way.]

Regards,

Glendon Gross