[vorbis] 128k listening tests completed

noprivacy at earthlink.net noprivacy at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 4 23:35:15 PDT 2003

http://audio.ciara.us/test/index.html

http://audio.ciara.us/test/128extension/results.html

AAC, MPC, Vorbis, WMA 9/Pro, Lame & Blade were tested at 128k vbr.  MP3Pro,
AAC-Pro/Plus(?) and older versions of WMA were not tested.

Looks like Vorbis tied with AAC, MPC and WMA 9/Pro for first.

Although it was a four way tie, Vorbis was on the low end.  And LAME was
only slightly lower, comming in at second.

And didn't I hear in here that MPC is actually going open source?  (Hmm....
I guess that would mean two of the best codecs will end up being open
source.)

Looks like it's time to start improving vorbis....