[vorbis] what player for Mac OS 8/9?

Matt matthew at psychohorse.com
Thu Apr 3 22:48:40 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 21:10, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> Nathan I. Sharfi wrote:
> > I personally haven't bothered adding it to vorbis.com because 1) all that
> > stuff is in a DB and a PITA to edit  2) OS <9 is, IMO, at least as deserving
> > of death as the Windows 9x line.
>
> There are millions of installed machines out there that
> run OS8 and/or OS9 just fine, but can't run OSX (at an
> acceptable speed).  The simple fact that you like OSX
> better than OS9 is not enough to just tell all those
> users to go away.  Just imho, of course.
>

> Segher

Most of the newer Mac's won't even boot to an OS 9 CD, or onto an OS 9
partition, really its dead to developers...Personally I could be less
than bothered as these users will be suffering from more than just lack
of Vorbis soon enough...

But, of course this is an Open Source project and one can make Vorbis
work in Commodore 64 for all I care :).

Matt