[vorbis] Ogg bitstream spec question

Aaron Knauf aknauf at xtra.co.nz
Sat Apr 26 18:06:17 PDT 2003

Hi,

Is it expected that an Ogg logical bitstream might logically serve as
the physical bitstream from which other logical bitstreams might be
demuxed?  I am not sure that I really see the point of doing this, but
it would certainly be possible within the current spec.

The trouble is that there are any number of ways to do the low-level
muxing of several streams into one logical stream, with respect to
paging and packetization.  This makes it harder to write generic code
for performing this muxing/demuxing.

If some basic packetization/paging rules were defined, such a having one
page encoded into one packet it would allow for some useful coding
shortcuts to be taken during the decode process.

ADK