[vorbis] compiling

Felipe Hangen felipe.hangen at hqcconsulting.com
Fri Apr 25 14:05:33 PDT 2003

I wanted to compile the decoder_example.c  that comes inside the libvorbis.
But I just haven't been able to compiled write, I keep getting errors like
this "error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ogg_sync_clear", when i try
compiling it separately (cc decoder_example.c),  and when i try to do the
"./configure" "make" routine in each of the libraries, i get an error  like
this when doing the ./configure in libvorbis
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for cos in -lm... yes
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for Ogg... no
*** Could not run Ogg test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means Ogg was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved Ogg since it was installed. In the latter case,
you
*** may want to edit the ogg-config script:
configure: error: must have Ogg installed!

Could someone please help me and tell me the steps on compiling and running
the OGG decoder in linux?..

I got the libraries here : http://www.vorbis.com/download_unix.psp

Felipe Hangen
felipe.hangen at hqcconsulting.com