[vorbis] Re: Re: Website for Ogg/Vorbis support for MPEG4IP

ChristianHJW christianhjw at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 8 02:21:33 PDT 2002

"Mark Constable" <markc at renta.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:200209081842.35023.markc at renta.net...
> And the same kinda question could apply here... is there some reason
> why you could not coop with the Ogg people to define an MCF-like video
> container within the Ogg format just like Vorbis is for audio ?
> --markc

Mark,

we investigated a lot if we should use basic Ogg framing for MCF before we
started .... we decided against that because Ogg, with respect to its
multi-segemented headers, is a pain if it comes to doing real video editing,
like cutting out frames afterwards, etc. ..... on the other hand this makes
it ideal for streaming, while MCF is not.

In any case we will always make sure that conversion tools will exist from
our side to allow MCF to Ogg conversion and vice versa, as stated above ...

Both formats have their Pro's and Con's and both are important to opensource
community IMHO. We always tried to make clear we are trying to cooperate
closely with Xiph people, means we dont see any 'competition' situation
here, but a relationship of friendship.

Christian