[vorbis] tremor relicensed as BSD

Jonathan Ingram jonathan_ingram at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 06:54:17 PDT 2002

I thought this might be interesting to the people outside those on the Vorbis
development mailing list:

http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-dev/200209/0007.html

From: rillian (rillian at telus.net)
Date: Tue 03 Sep 2002 - 09:24:48 EDT
> For those of you not of the commit mailing list, I wanted to point out
> that monty has checked the fixed-point 'tremor' vorbis decoder into
> xiph.org cvs, under the usual (free) xiph license. This was developed
> for use in embedded devices, so if you've been waiting for an
> integer-only (no fpu) implementation, you might want to give it a try.
>
> The code is in the 'Tremor' cvs module. As usual, nightly snapshots are
> available at http://xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/download/. There's also a new

The news is also mentioned on the Xiph.org homepage.

Hardware companies how have one less excuse for implementing Vorbis in
their products.