[vorbis] Re: Website for Ogg/Vorbis support for MPEG4IP

John Morton jwm at plain.co.nz
Mon Sep 9 17:35:06 PDT 2002

On Mon, 09 Sep 2002 20:36, Mark Hetherington wrote:
> I kinda figured that you could just send each ogg frame in a datagram, if
> it doesn't make it you just skip a bit of audio...

But you have to implement that at both the server and client end, in which
case you've got yourself a some sort of protocol. It might as well be one
that a lot of clients already speak, and which has many of the techincal
problems sorted out.

I expect streaming multimedia really wants packet ordering implemented in
the protocol somewhere, and probably could implement some sort of
retransmission if it throttle them back, or set a timeout on them, so the
server wouldn't bother if it was unlikely that the retrasmitted datagram
would make it into the buffer before playback.

Anyway. This is really stuff for the icecast list.

John