[vorbis] RC3 vs. 1.0

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Sep 5 00:44:50 PDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 08:40:19AM +0100, Major A wrote:

> I would wait a little while with this. If you go through the archives
> of the last few days, you can see there has been some discussion about
> exaggerated trebles in Ogg/Vorbis 1.0. There seem to be various fixes,
> but which one eventually makes it through to the main branch and when
> is an open question.

This is no different than the similar complaints of exaggerated treble
in beta 4, rc1, rc2 and rc3.  The primary reason for the perceived
treble increase is a phase rotation of lowest-energy noise into the
center of the image in low- and mid-bitrate modes.

"It has always been that way".  rc3 is no different in this respect
from 1.0.

Monty