[vorbis] Question for Game Audio Developers?

James Boer james.boer at gte.net
Tue Oct 15 18:50:56 PDT 2002

Yes, as indicated, both MP3 and Vorbis files can be looped this way,
assuming you're talking about looping a full file.  It's more in the way the
streaming code is written rather than a feature of Vorbis (although the
Vorbis codec and decoding API are superior to anything else out there, IMO).
You have to make sure you do not stop and restart the buffer or channel you
are decoding to - just reset the decoder to the beginning and continue
filling the buffer / channel.  I've recently written an audio engine where
this is done.