[vorbis] Re: 6 channel encoding

ChristianHJW christianhjw at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 21 21:44:11 PST 2002

<"Norman Urs Baier" <knub at gmx.ch> wrote in message
news:200211191602.11382.knub at gmx.ch...
<Exactly! Not that I could provide any answer, but I defintely would like to
<know if there is a convenient way to encode movies with Vorbis.
<What encoder are you using, and which file format, and which file format,
and
<which codec?
<Norman

Use either BeSweet or HeadAC3he, both from www.doom9.org . Both support 5.1
AC3 transcoding to 5.1 Vorbis, same for 6 ch WAVs.

If only Monty found the time to look at a proper 5.1 encoding profile ...

Christian