OT: Ripping (WAS: [vorbis] Problems with encodeing)

HJ inzanekaoz at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 17 16:57:46 PST 2002

cdparanoia is good for most things, and for making real bad errors
subtle -- but EAC seems to be able to repair/reconstruct from the
*really bad* glitches about 80% better than cdparanoia III. (Dunno
about IV -- comments, anyone?)

Otherwise I've just plunked a CD in Grip and hit 'Rip + Encode' and
away it goes.

--- Chris <cl at enposte.net> wrote:
> I've heard of cdparanoia, whats it like? I use EAC because i trust
> it to
> make 100% exact copies without haveing to listen thru all the
> resulting
> OGG files for glitches (witch is very good when you encodeing 20
> CDs
> that are somewhat used/no time to test them and reencode messed up

Do you Yahoo!?
http://webhosting.yahoo.com