[vorbis] ISO Website-embedded Ogg player

KnockOut _ko_97 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 11:46:57 PST 2002

Since Flash has MP3 support built in, it is possible to create a
Flash movie that will play a streaming MP3 file. This is useful
for when someone wants to have a radio broadcast using MP3 files
and they want to create a flash "applet" for playing the
broadcast, which could keep the viewer/listener still attached
to the website to enjoy other content at the same time. Perhaps
such a player could also have other content from the site within
it. Or, perhaps the player could also include a chat window. It
is a very useful concept.

My website has a chat room that we built using Flash. Some
future additions of my site will be done using Flash, such as
news. Hopefully, these sections will be able to work with one
another seemlessly so that multiple content could be seen from
one console.

One such potential project is a streaming radio show. I have
made  sample recordings and encoded them with OGG and MP3
samples to compare. Here are the samples
http://www.axkickboxing.com/radio

I was very impressed with OGG quality at low sample rates. The
problem I have now is that Flash does not support OGG. So, my
question is, does anyone know of any other such solution for
having an embedded player within a website? My site uses PHP as
well as some Flash.

Thanks for your time

Brian Ritchie
axkickboxing.com