[vorbis] Rgenerating headers

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Thu Nov 21 15:17:14 PST 2002

Hi Michael

Thx for the answer.

 > >So, back to my question - is there any reason why you shouldn't
 > >be able to completely regenerate the header packets/frames
 > >from what I have outlined ?
 > Unfortunately, yes.

Why *unfortunately* ?

 > This requires that the _client_ have the encoder
 > as well. Worse, it requires that the client have _exactly_ the same
 > version of the encoder as the server.

Please define "have _exactly_ the same version".

Would Vorbis 1.0 and Vorbis 1.0rc3 have been two different
versions in this context ?

Both Vorbis 1.0 and Vorbis 1.0rc3 identify them selves as Vorbis version 0.

If Vorbis 1.0 and Vorbis 1.0rc3 would have been different
versions in the context we are talking about, then how
does a program identify which version the library is ?

Kind regards