[vorbis] Problems with encodeing

gtgbr at gmx.net gtgbr at gmx.net
Sun Nov 17 18:05:02 PST 2002

Chris wrote:
> I've heard of cdparanoia, whats it like? I use EAC because i trust it to
> make 100% exact copies without haveing to listen thru all the resulting
> OGG files for glitches (witch is very good when you encodeing 20 CDs
> that are somewhat used/no time to test them and reencode messed up
> tracks, and another 100 will have to be done over the following week)
>
> does cdparanoia offer that kind of reliability/ease of use EAC has?

EAC, CDex and cdparanoia (current version) all play in the same league
concerning ripping quality - they're all trustworthy. Concerning ease of
use ... cdparanoia tops them all, a simple `cdparanoia -B` with an
optional -v parameter and the rip is underway. However, since cdparanoia
*only* rips, using frontends might be a good idea for many people that
want freedb/CDDB support and encoding to Vorbis within "one"
application.