[vorbis] bitrate peeling

Jim Hines jhines at iolinc.net
Sat Nov 9 22:27:59 PST 2002

On Thursday 07 November 2002 10:52, Jim Hines wrote:
> I'm sure this question gets ask a lot, but here it is again....
> What is the status on the tool(s) to perform bitrate peeling?
>
> This is perhaps the holy grail that will make ogg vorbis THE compressed
> audio standard. Why does nobody seem to realize this?

I really never did get an answer to my original question (Above). I have to
assume this must mean that the peeling support in ogg is really just smoke
and mirrors.

A feature as important as this should have had tools to do it by now. Perhaps
something is broke in the spec and nobody yet wants to admit it.

--
Jim Hines
Redhat Linux v8.0