[vorbis] fitting lots of music into 10GB with Vorbis

Chris cl at enposte.net
Fri Nov 1 15:55:10 PST 2002

I've used a setting of 3 for the 2 CDs i have ripped with OGG, and i
think they sound identical to the CD it self (on a GOOD set of speakers
with an amp/sub) but i may just suck at telling bad form good.

and at this setting the size is about 1/2 of what the exact same CD
would be if ripped with the newest LAME MP3 codec VBR

What is the setting most people use? and how many people can tell the
diffrence between qual setting 4, and lets say 7?