[vorbis] Re: fitting lots of music into 10GB with Vorbis

Rodrigo Gómez rgomez at tsradio.com.mx
Fri Nov 1 14:39:38 PST 2002

I think you should be able to have a very nice quality above 5 or 6

You won't hear the disgusting crappy artifacts that are easy listened in mp3
at 128 kbps (even if some of my friends doesn't hear that) with an ogg at
around 128 kpbs. I can't tell the difrence between the original CD and the
Ogg using a Sony Monitor headphones connected to my Live! Platinium, using a
quality of more than 5 (in some cases even 3 or 4!), and, usually, the fine
details of music are listened only with headphones, and in a "audible"
volume. With PA settings (if that's what I suppose it is) the music is too
loud to hear that.

Using a setting of 6, is around 192 kpbs, and I have found that usually it
results in a little bit more than that as an average. So, let's say... 206
kpbs. It is about 60% of what Richaid said, so you should be able to have
about 70 hrs of music without problems in 10 Gb.

BTW, this days, the HD are really really cheap, you should be able to get 80
Gb about 100 dollars.

HTH

Rodrigo Gómez

news:006601c281f0$6c3f0a00$1a814c51 at p1r8t3...