[vorbis] CBDTPA

Peter G. PeterNOSPAMPedal2100 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 28 01:58:30 PST 2002

At 09:46 28-03-02 +0100, you wrote:
>Giuliano Pochini wrote:
>>Oh, it's simple. You'll have to include some propritary copy
>>protection scheme into ogg-vorbis. You'll have to distribute
>>ogg-vorbis exclusively in binary form and you'll have to pay
>>royalties to who developed the protection scheme. Is this
>>clear enough ? <:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
>
>Only to the poor americans. The rest of the (sane) world would be unaffected.
>
>There is a saying in Hungary:
>
>One sleeps as a good dream as good one makes his own bed.

Wise saying. But I really hope this bill won't pass, because if it does,
then U.S.A. cant't pride themselves in being home of the free anymore. It's
simply ridiculous. It inferres so much in personal freedom to develop
software, that software development will be become a governmental
controlled thing. I really hope programmers, developers and endusers will
speak out about this. And somehow I'd really like to see what would happen
if  all american developers, software-maintainers and programmers went on a
weeklong strike in protest.

Adress is not munged.