[vorbis] Re: CBDTPA (moved to [advocacy])

John Zitterkopf zitt at bigfoot.com
Thu Mar 28 08:30:38 PST 2002

Write your senators! HEre's what I sent all my customers and freinds:

I encourage you to visit the following WWW site:
http://www.vanshardware.com/articles/2002/03/020325_CBDTPA/020325_CBDTPA.htm

which references the following articles at wired.com:

Related article:
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-869902.html

Then visit your Senator in your home state to express your views.
http://www.senate.gov/senators/senator_by_state.cfm
All Senators have a "contact us" link which will allow you to send them
your views.

Here's what I wrote to my Senators in Oregon. Please feel free to use it
as a BASIC outline of your response. Please don't copy it verbatim... Read
the articles above... formulate your own ideas... and let your Senators
know.

Then... forward this message to your friends / colleagues after removing
my email address and name from it. Spread the word so our Law makers
understand and kill this ACT before it even gets off the ground!

---My letter---
Re: CBDTPA (Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act)

As a registered Voter in your state; Please vote against this ACT in ALL
FORMS.

The government has no right or business to dictate who/what/how I install
software in my computer. COPY PROTECTION is not a right of the copyright
holder when it is allowed to invade my personal privacy.

Don't allow big corporations / associations to dictate the laws of our
government. Government should cater to the INDIVIDUAL citizen... NOT LARGE
CORPs. Nothing in this ACT protects the citizen... it only hinders them
and give said cIrporations untold power in preventing competition and free
will.

I invite you to examine the following link:
http://www.vanshardware.com/articles/2002/03/020325_CBDTPA/020325_CBDTPA.htm
While the author is likely very biased; he does shed some light on the
issues surrounding this ACT.

John Zitterkopf

zitt at bigfoot.com           http://www.zittware.com
Under US Code Title 47, Sec.227(b)(1)(C), Sec.227(a)(2)(B)These email
permission. Violation of my privacy with advertising or SPAM will
repeats.