[vorbis] 48000 Hz in vorbis rc3?

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Tue Mar 26 23:57:58 PST 2002

 > Definately don't even try to read it if you don't have time to read the
 > whole thing and experiment some yourself, or aren't feeling open to a
 > second opinion.

Many thanks for this opinion of yours. I evolved from being just a music
lover and musician in my youth, to being an audio software engineer and
acoustics teacher in my first working life, and then deevolved to being just
a music lover once again. So I can see the fallacies of concentrating on the
technical aspects of music, instead of its expressive power.

 > human.

I don't know what to make of this. Are you joking about aliens, or are you
talking of the inhumanity in some of us, like killers, torturators and such?
Are you talking of the mechanizing influence of technology? Or what else?

 > element of perception.

Well, I already stated publicly my interest in this. You are not trying to
sell us anything, are you?

 > abilities (appropriate to this list since Vorbis /is/ a perceptual
 > audio codec after all), I'll suggest a few simple listening
 > exercises. These did not originate from me, and target the specific
 > area of "unlocking" multiple simultaneous sounds:

This ability, or lack thereof, has greatly hampered my career as musician. :^(

--
Two witches watch two watches. Which witch watched which watch?

Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net