[vorbis] ogg dates - (curious)

Hugo van der Merwe s13361562 at bach.sun.ac.za
Tue Mar 26 09:19:17 PST 2002

> >20000508    Beta 2
>
> Beta1 was released on this date. Beta2 was sometime in August 2000, but
> didn't have a different vendor string used (I don't recall why, it
> may have just been an oversight).

Ah, thanks.

> >20001031    Beta 3
> >20010225    Beta 4
> >20010615    RC1
> >20010813    RC2
> >20011217    RC3
>
> rc3 release was 20011231. I think some of the binaries might have gone out
> accidently with this date, though.

Of course... I wonder why I had 1217 in the first place - my RC3's
should all have 1231, I think. Must have picked it up elsewhere then. At
some point I'll scan through my oggs with some script to find which I
still need to update to ... well, 1.0 then probably, then I'll see
whether I have 1217 or not.

Thanks also to the other replies (esp. the excerpts from file and the
CVS logs),

Hugo