[vorbis] Re: how to cut a vorbis file?

James O'Malley vorbis at papaya.altamente.com
Tue Mar 26 08:00:17 PST 2002

> No, this would mean decoding and re-encoding the file. vcut doesn't do
> that, it just splits the file.

That brings up an interesting question.  I've vcut a bunch of files...
removed commercials etc, and then

cat file.ogg file2.ogg > newfile.ogg.

Works great, now I have a nice file without all the annoying chaff.  So,
later I decide to go back and cut out just an individual song.  Hmm, vcut
only reads up to the boundary of the first cat'ed file.  Anybody know how to
work around this?

I've already tried stripping the id tags (which sometimes will "fix" small
problems with files), but to no avail.

My entry for a t-shirt if it ever comes out:

"I Love my vorbis"

--James