[vorbis] how to cut a vorbis file?

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Mar 26 03:03:27 PST 2002

At 11:32 AM 3/26/02 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Maybe this question is very trivial, but how do I cut a vorbis file into
>pieces? For example, I have a two hour recording in vorbis, and I want
>to cut it into 4 pieces, a half hour of sound each.

You'll need to write code to do this. vcut sort of does this, but is
mostly useful as a proof of concept, it's not really a useful tool by
itself. If you're writing GPLed code, you may also find it a useful
code example - getting this right is non-trivial, but not too hard now
that libvorbis provides more functions - vcut is a bit out of date and
doesn't do some things the (relatively) easy way.

Michael