[vorbis] Saved streams

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Mar 20 21:16:46 PST 2002

At 07:20 PM 3/20/02 -0500, you wrote:

>On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 12:58:28AM +0100, Paul de Weerd wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A while back (Feb 11) Stephen Commiskey sent mail to this list with
>> the subject : "Seeking in a saved stream; or, Why isn't that sucker
>> valid?". Stephen had some problems with streams he saved from the BBC
>> that gave him all sorts of weird errors and resulted in his not being
>> able to seek in his saved streams. I tried the same thing immediately
>> (never saved an oggstream before) and noticed that I got similar
>> results.
>
>I fixed this behavior in vorbisfile last week; all is well with the
>versions from CVS.

But note that binary compatibility has been broken by these updates.
If you update to the cvs version, things will work right for any
program linked to the new library version (on unix systems. On windows
it might just break, or maybe everything is statically linked).

i.e. you may have to recompile your applications as well as updating
the libraries.

Michael