[vorbis] Interesting file-sharing idea

Ross Levis ral at baycom.co.nz
Sun Mar 17 21:41:13 PST 2002

I like the idea of having an Ogg only file sharing network/app but here
are some other ideas which I prefer.

1. Write a file sharing app supporting only Ogg Vorbis files but use an
existing network such as Gnutella or FastTrack.  This way the other
millions of users out there will discover Ogg files.

2. Convince the existing file sharing apps to directly support Ogg
files.  The Ogg programmers could provide whatever code is necessary for
this purpose.

Andy wrote