[vorbis] Installing Vorbis RC3 and Redhat 7.2

Eric Jahn ejahn at worksystems.org
Wed Mar 13 20:38:35 PST 2002

I finally got vorbis-tools rc3 to work with updated Redhat 7.2 (and tons
of ximian crap layered on top of that).  First, get rid of libao-0.8.0-1
and everything that depends on it and install libao-0.8.2.  The curl
stuff is aleady in 7.2, so don't bother with that.  Install the
vorbis-tools-1.0rc3-4.rpm with the --nodeps option.  Doing so bypasses
the need for libcrypto an libssl which has later versions installed
already in redhat 7.2, I believe.  Running oggenc, it works perfectly
and gets the bitrate correct, as opposed to rc2 which went way over the
specified bitrate.