[vorbis] Saved streams

Paul de Weerd paul at mail.me.maar.nu
Wed Mar 20 15:58:28 PST 2002

Hi all,

A while back (Feb 11) Stephen Commiskey sent mail to this list with
the subject : "Seeking in a saved stream; or, Why isn't that sucker
valid?". Stephen had some problems with streams he saved from the BBC
that gave him all sorts of weird errors and resulted in his not being
able to seek in his saved streams. I tried the same thing immediately
(never saved an oggstream before) and noticed that I got similar
results.

It seemed the general notion at the end of the thread was that there
was an issue with 'granulepos' not starting at zero in saved streams
with software depending on just that. Now that I've saved a couple of
streams and want to seek in them, I'm wondering if there's some
updates available somewhere, or a tool that can fix this for me
(subtract the first granulepos-value from all others. I dont know if
that'll do the trick, but in my non-technical opinion it sounds like
it should). Anyone in the know have a fix or some tool ? Perhaps
updates are available in CVS ?

TIA,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/