[vorbis] portable vorbis players

Mij of_mij at freemail.it
Tue Mar 12 07:15:24 PST 2002

Hi

>Has anyone done a portable vorbis player yet?

Rumos say that IOMEGA will put vorbis support in its HipZip soon. Rumors
says it's hidden in the original firmware, as "test". Unfortunately I
updated the original firmware with a newer before knowing this.
This is very interestful: HipZip is one of the most inexpensive
periferal of this family, and it's in the really limited family of
player that support the firmware update.
I'm writing a little piece about ogg for an italian journal, and i
contacted iomega asking for official dates for its release.
Unfortunately seems that they couldn't notice nothing about that.