[vorbis] ogginfo speed

Ed Sweetman ed.sweetman at wmich.edu
Mon Mar 11 17:15:20 PST 2002

you could write your own, edit ogginfo, use mp3stat :)   writing your
own using the advice already given would be the best idea.

mp3stat can scan 2Gb of mp3s/oggs in 60 seconds and give you time in
seconds, average bitrate, and whatever else you want to add.

I'm not sure what this "awfully slow" thing is since mp3stat utilizes
the same method that ogginfo uses for ogg files.  Basically because it
is just a modified ogginfo. Setting the program to scan a huge directory
of files while you go check your email doesn't seem like a big deal,
couple minutes later and it's done your 10GB collection.