[vorbis] Ogg too good?

Graham Mitchell graham at grahammitchell.net
Wed Mar 6 15:49:56 PST 2002

> >         Rate:         6.4854
> > It does take too long to encode, though.
>
> Give me your pitifully slow computer.  I'll be happy to take it off
> your hands.  I mean, I wouldn't want you to *suffer* or anything.

No kidding!  I've encoded 110 albums (1300+ tracks) in my lab at ~1.3x per
track.  Of course, I was able to run 20 machines encoding in parallel, so the
net rate was closer to 30x, but who's counting?  ;)

--
Graham Mitchell - computer science teacher, Leander High School
"Come thou no more for ransom, gentle herald.  They shall have none, I