[vorbis] Ogg too good?

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Tue Mar 5 22:21:54 PST 2002

I bought a 160G drive, and now I just save everything as flac, and THEN
encode it to ogg.  If I ever want to reencode my stuff, I can go back to
the original flac files, since they are lossless.

This approach costs about $0.70 per CD that can be stored on the disk.
Just about the same cost as a jewel case.  Saves a lot of space though
for cramped quarters where it may not be practical to put up a little CD
rack to hold your collection of 1000 or more CD's.

I'm paranoid that Ogg might get better... I don't want to be stuck with
old ugly sounding ogg's when I could reencode them to be better
sounding...

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2