[vorbis] Pre RC4 changes

Caleb caleb_ownz at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 29 13:18:56 PDT 2002

hey,

i was wondering where i can read about encoding in Vorbis, and all
kinds of stuff about Ogg Vorbis.

Im really interested in OGG Vorbis, especially in the progress of it.
Im sure that ogg will be a total replacement for mp3 as soon as the
final version is out!

Also im not good @ ripping at all so i want to learn alittle about
about bitrates and quality etc..

thanks
--- Michael Smith <msmith at labyrinth.net.au> wrote:
> At 12:57 AM 6/30/02 +1000, you wrote:
> >Hi:
> >
> >I guess this is mainly directed at Monty.  I see from the CVS list
> that a
> >lot of changes have been going in lately, especially in the area of
> 44.1
> >and 48khz.  I know I was certainly under the impression that this
> area was
> >more or less complete.  My question is, apart from the experimental
> 48kbps
> >stereo mode that went in today, are the changes for 44.1 and 48khz
> going to
> >result in quality changes or is it just simpler code?
>
> Yes. Quality at low bitrates is greatly increased. Quality at
> mid-to-high
> bitrates is also increased, but quantifying this is more difficult
> because
> it requires more concentration to find flaws in it at all.
>
> Michael

> 'vorbis-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
> needed.

Do You Yahoo!?
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com