[vorbis] (Un)Usefulness of Vorbisgain?

Erik Stenborg d99papa at dtek.chalmers.se
Mon Jun 24 23:34:15 PDT 2002

If you listen to the file you would notice.... ;)

The big problem with soundcards, and Sound Blaster Live in particular, is
not noise floor creeping up too high when you lower the volume, but
distortion when you play things at full scale. People who measured this
said it distorts sometimes down to -6 dB of full scale. So my pont was:
you will probably gain quality from lowering the volume some, and why not
using vorbis gain for this?

/Erik