[vorbis] OggEnc - command line... (& getting Audiograbber to work)

Luke Usherwood Luke.Usherwood at clear.net.nz
Thu Jun 20 09:04:51 PDT 2002

   > You can ask. A bug report with priority 'enhancement' is probably the
   > best way to do that. I'd consider it.

Thanks for your help, Michael.  I have entered this as an enhancement request.

   > I am actually trying to get OggEnc up and running nicely with
   > AudioGrabber, but so far I no joy

I have now succeed in doing this.  Two steps were needed:

-1-
I got the latest version out of CVS and built that .  This gets over a problem that RC3 has, which falls over on some files with a message "encoder error" or something.  After this, OggEnc will work, but only as a "an Internal Encoder" in AudioGrabber.

-2-
AudioGrabber still had some problems using oggenc as an external encoder.  Specifically, it makes a file called "temp.ogg", but never gets around to renaming this to the final file name.  I found a website where I could download a version of AudioGrabber which it called "v1.81 build 2".  I already had "audiograbber v1.81", and did not know a build 2 existed!  I had not seen this mentioned anywhere on the audiograbber website. (Why couldn't they just have bumped the version number to v1.82 to save all this confusion!?)    Anyway, upgrading to build 2 of AudioGrabber has now fixed all of my problems with OggEnc

   /`    ,--'        + +   Home: +44 20 8675 2776
  / =#=#============[|=|]  Cell: +44 79 00855 303