[vorbis] Congratulations and a question

Carsten Haese chaese at accesstoledo.com
Wed Jul 24 16:22:09 PDT 2002

Greg Wooledge wrote:

> root (steve at rueb.com) wrote:
>
> > How well does Vorbis compare to existing streaming
> > formats, including Real's native ones?
>
> Don't ask the Vorbis crew how good their own codec is -- TELL them!
>
> Go to <http://ff123.net/64test/testplan.html> and participate in
> the 64kbps listening test.  (A Windows machine with a sound card
> is required.)

Let me take this opportunity to throw in a shameless plug :) I am
currently developing a GNU/Linux version of the ABC/HR testing tool.
[It's actually using cross-platform libraries like wxWindows for GUI and
libao for sound, but I only have GNU/Linux to build and test on.]
Barring unforeseen circumstances, a first version should be available by
the weekend.

Best Regards,

Carsten Haese.