[vorbis] Difficulty w/1.0 and Sonique/Winamp

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Sat Jul 20 07:20:50 PDT 2002

I don't know about Sonique, but Winamp 2.5 is *ancient*. Please install
Winamp 2.80. Players prior to RC2 will likely run into problems playing
today's .ogg files, so you should at least upgrade your players to
1.0rc2.

Winamp 2.80 (standard or full install) comes with an 1.0rc3 decoder, so
it will play everything just fine. If you want to have the latest
decoder for Winamp, download
http://www.blorp.com/~peter/zips/in_vorbis.exe (.zip works, too, but
needs manual installing).