[vorbis] ABX at q8

Bostjan 00 at email.si
Sat Jul 27 09:56:01 PDT 2002

Hello!

First of all, 100x thanks to Monty and colleagues: you have done an
excellent job! I just didn't believe my ears when I first tested Oggenc
1.0 at q0 to q1 - it sounds AMAZINGLY GOOD !!!

But as HDD drives are getting larger and cheaper, most of us move toward
higher quality settings ......... I use q8, because:
- I was able to ABX some test samples up to q4.99
- at q8 Ogg is still around 3.5x smaller than lossless
- it sounds perfect to me!!

I was just courious to know if anyone out there is able to distinguish
from the original (ABX) Vorbis 1.0 at around q8 (or q7 to q9) on "NORMAL
MUSIC" (not special test samples)??

What about q5 to q7?

Thank you all.

Bostjan