[vorbis] Mirrors and dead links

David Falkyn davidfalkyn at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 22:01:24 PDT 2002

I know this was covered just the other day, but using the official vorbis
site is like watching glaciers move currently.  Where are the executables
mirrored at?  Also, on the links page is this entry:

VorbisLinks.com
added to Advocacy and News on 2001-06-30 21:52:17.00
Links to all kinds of Vorbis related sites.

Which is now one of those cybersquatter generic pages that i detest so much.
While we're purging spam, might as well kill the dead links.

Finally, i'm not sure i follow the recent conversation on CD ripping and
normalization.  I was going to use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to create wavs and
then convert directly to ogg.  Previously i did use a wav editor to
normalize my songs so that they reached 100% dynamic range (or something
like that), but it sounds like you're saying that's a bad thing to do.  How
does cdex differ, and what IS the best way to convert a collection of CDs to
oggs with a similar dynamic range (so that i don't blast my speakers as a
quite song that had to be cranked up ends and a loud one begins)?

Thanks

Flandry