[vorbis] Vorbisgain in OggDropPXd

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Wed Jul 24 04:28:57 PDT 2002

Hi Thomas

Vorbisgain does provide a switch to set the album gain to a specified
value when using the Album/Audiophile mode,  however, WinVorbis leaves
this at the default.  If there is some compelling reason to alter this
value then I could add support for it in a future revision.

As you probably know, replaygain works out what the volume should be
based on the average loudness of each track.  All it does is append
comment tags to the ogg files so that the player knows what volume to
play them.  The volume of the audio in the ogg file is not altered at
all from the original.  If you could manually alter the default gain of
individual files (Single/Radio mode) then surely that would defeat the
purpose of replaygain in the first place.

BTW: WinVorbis (for Windows) and Vorbix (for Linux) v1.35 have been
released.

Cheers,
Ross Levis
http://winvorbis.stationplaylist.com