[vorbis] Please correct this bugs in vorbis win32 environment

Govind Kharbanda govind.kharbanda at sli-institute.ac.uk
Tue Jul 23 08:25:04 PDT 2002

Hi Adam, Alan...

Thanks for those tips.  We had actually altered SRCROOT to point to
something more sensible than I:\xiph i.e.

SRCROOT=F:\pnewton\Project\Ogg Vorbis
Downloads\V1.0\oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0

but accidentally sent that email whilst we were still preparing it.

Also we changed

et INCLUDE=%INCLUDE%;%SRCROOT%\ogg\include;%SRCROOT%\vorbis\include

et INCLUDE=%INCLUDE%;%SRCROOT%\include\ogg;%SRCROOT%\include\vorbis

However, we'll try out the other suggestions.

Cheers,
Gov

Adam Bienias wrote:

> If You want to compile vorbis libraries under win32
> environment you can experience some problems:
> 1) If you unzip vorbis libraries, you will have 3 directories:
> "libogg-1.0", "libvorbis-1.0" and "vorbis-tools-1.0".
> You need to rename them to "ogg", "vorbis", "vorbis-tools".
> Otherwise batch files or even dsp project files, won't work.
> 2) Batch files assume that you have vorbis libraries at "i:\xing" :)
> Well i don't have drive "I:" so this can be a problem :)
> 3) Batch files assume that you have MSVC installed at "C:".
> Well, i don't have MSVC installed at "C:" :)
>
> Small fixes should be applied to all batch files. This line:
> call "c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\bin\vcvars32.bat"
> should look like this:
> call %MSVCDir%\bin\vcvars32.bat
> Also you need to set SRCROOT environment variable to an
> appropriate directory.
>
> Of course the best way to compile libraries is to use .dsw
> files. But you still need to rename those 3 directories to an
> appropriate names (see point 1).
> Also some MSVC projects should be fixed. When you compile
> "Static Debug" libraries, compilator will use run-time libraries
> "Debug Multithreaded DLL". But when you compile
> "Static Release" libraries, compilator will use run-time
> libraries "Multithreaded".
> This should be changed to "Multithreaded DLL".
>
> Also .NET compilator reports few hundreds warnings :)
> Most of them is "conversion from .... to ....". I think you
> could fix that too :)

Govind S Kharbanda                Institute for System Level Integration
MSc Course Rep.                        Alba Campus, Livingston, EH54 7EG
http://www.sli-institute.ac.uk/~gk/                    Tel: 01506 469340