[vorbis] Debian versioning problems

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Mon Jul 22 18:41:30 PDT 2002

John Morton (jwm at plain.co.nz) wrote:

> Anyone know how I can persuade a debian system that a version number like
> '1.0-1' is actually greater than '1.0rc3-1', for the purpose of dependencies?

When calc uploaded the official Vorbis 1.0 debs, he bumped the version
number to 1.0.0-1.

ii  libvorbis-dev  1.0.0-1        Vorbis Library Development
ii  libvorbis0     1.0.0-1        The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec
ii  libvorbisenc2  1.0.0-1        The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec
ii  libvorbisfile3 1.0.0-1        The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec
ii  vorbis-tools   1.0.0-1        Several Ogg Vorbis Tools
ii  libogg-dev     1.0.0-1        Ogg Bitstream Library Development
ii  libogg0        1.0.0-1        Ogg Bitstream Library

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |