[vorbis] Libvorbisenc.so.O

raen7 at ihug.com.au raen7 at ihug.com.au
Mon Jul 22 05:38:43 PDT 2002

On 7/22/02, 2:56:21 AM, Moritz Grimm <gtgbr at gmx.net> wrote regarding Re:
[vorbis] Libvorbisenc.so.O:

> > Error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libvorbisenc.so.0:
> > undefined symbol: _time P

> Did you upgrade *all* parts of Vorbis, that is, did you install
> libao-0.8.3, libogg-1.0, libvorbis-1.0 and vorbis-tools-1.0?

 This error
> makes me believe you didn't.

> Since SuSE has /usr as its default prefix, make sure that you use that
> prefix for your installations, too. Otherwise you have the old
> installation in /usr (which will be found first) and your current one in
> /usr/local, for example.

Dear Moritz,

I hope this does not exhaust your patience.

I first tried to install the latest rc version of vorbis-tools but
encountered file dependency probs, then I tried the new verion 1.0 and
encountered missing library files so I went back to the SuSE installation
CD's and installed vorbis-tools from the SuSE 7.3 installation.

I also think there might be a further problem of conflicting version
files with the KDE Launcher ogg encoder/cd-ripper kio_audiocd. As soon as
I tried to install the latest rc version of libvorbis-tools kio-auidicd
cease to function.

Result is totally scrambled ogg.

Is it possible to unscramble it and remove all of the versions' files
from /usr/lib and usr/local/lib and just leave the SuSE 7.3 vorbis-tools
version? I think this is the only version and installation that will not
conflict with kio_audiocd.

The following files hopefully gives you some idea of how scrambled the
files are.

raena at linux:~> locate libvorbisenc
/usr/lib/libvorbisenc.la
/usr/lib/libvorbisenc.so.0
/usr/lib/libvorbisenc.so.0.0.1
/usr/lib/libvorbisenc.so.2
/usr/lib/libvorbisenc.so.2.0.0
/usr/local/lib/libvorbisenc.a
/usr/local/lib/libvorbisenc.la
/usr/local/lib/libvorbisenc.so
/usr/local/lib/libvorbisenc.so.0
/usr/local/lib/libvorbisenc.so.0.1.0

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib/qt2/lib -L/opt/kde2/lib
/opt/kde2//lib/libkio.la -L/usr/lib/qt2//lib -L/opt/kde2//lib
-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3 -L/usr/i486-suse-linux/lib
/opt/kde2//lib/libkdesu.la -lutil /opt/kde2//lib/libkssl.la
/opt/kde2//lib/libkdeui.la /opt/kde2//lib/libkdecore.la -ldl
/opt/kde2//lib/libDCOP.la -lqt -lpng /usr/lib/libjpeg.la -lXext -lX11
-lSM -lICE -lresolv -lXinerama -lz /usr/lib/libfam.la -L/usr//lib
-lcdda_paranoia -lcdda_interface /usr/lib/libvorbisenc.la -L/lib
/usr/lib/libvorbis.la /usr/lib/libogg.la -lstdc++ -lm -lc -lgcc'