[vorbis] Bug in OggDrop XPd 1.0 ?

Cyber Trancer cybertrancer at mail.pt
Sat Jul 20 19:46:33 PDT 2002

Hello!
First let me say that after several experiments i have done today, encoding
a wav to several ogg bitrates and then listening to them in winamp, i'm
realy pleased with the sound quality of the final release 1.0 of Vorbis.
But during these tests i've done, i found that OggDrop XPd crashes when i
try to encode at 16KHz, 22KHz and 24 KHz with quality 0.50 and above. It
does however encode at quality 0.49 and below. When i put the quality
slider at 0.50 in these cases, and when i drop a wav to be encoded it says
the bitrate is 40 kbit/s and then the program crashes. It creates an ogg
file with 0 KB. With other bitrates/quality settings everything works ok. I
have however not tried yet the ABR and CBR encoding.

I use Windows XP Pro fully patched

Can this be a bug, or is it my system that doesn't like the above settings
? Has anyone having the same problem ?

Sérgio

--
10Mb na sua caixa de email gratuita no mail.pt
http://www.mail.pt