[vorbis] Fwd: Re: [Flac-users] Can I use Vorbis comment on ogg - flac?

Alejandro G. Belluscio baldusi at uol.com.ar
Wed Jul 17 14:53:35 PDT 2002

I was wondering if I could use tOGGer in ogg-flac files. So I asked
Josh. His answer is quoted below (spoiler: doesn't think so). And when I
tried tOGGer it didn't work. So I guess his right. But I wanted to know
if his speculation is right (i.e. vorbiscomment saves comments in the
first Vorbis packet). And if so why. I´m not sure how is Theora working.
But it seemed logical to me that having a the comments on the ogg file
should be a good thing. Let's say that we encode a movie. Iy may be nice
to be able to put comments on each data stream (audio, video, text) but
the file as such should have some comments. Is this not possible so you
can concatenate two ogg files to get a valid ogg file?

Regards,
Alejandro Belluscio